Today a Zendesk Administrator asked how to support a business need to automatically change the status of a ticket.
"When we "SUBMIT as pending", we need an answer, in some tickets, of 24h. Some other tickets on 3days, and others can be pending longer.
Can ZENDESK change automatically the status of these tickets from "pending" to "open" when the time has expired? This would allow the agent to be more efficient following up those tickets that need attention first.
The agent should be able to schedule that "timer" individually (per ticket) right from the ticket form.
If not possible, are there any workarounds?"
Yes this can be achieved but it's a set of customizations in Zendesk.
I suggest coming up with a specific tag for each pending-> open timeframe. Like reopen_in_24h and reopen_in_3d
- Create macros and make them available for all your Agents
- Macro for 24 hours should set the status to pending, add the reopen_in_24h tag
- Macro for 3 days should set the status to pending, add the reopen_in_3d tag
2. Then create Automations
- Automation for 24 hours should look for the pending since 24 hours (calendar) and look for the reopen_in_24h tag. It should then set the ticket status to Open and REMOVE the reopen_in_24h tag
- Automation for 3 days should do the same but for the 3day tag.
Continue creating these as needed and train your agents to make the proper comment in the ticket and use the macro applicable to that ticket (!)
That should work!
Happy Zendesking :)