There are many instances where a manager needs to know when something happens on a ticket. Or doesn't happen on a ticket. In Zendesk, we use Automations when we want to use time-based rather than submit-based events. In other words, if you want to know that one of your representatives didn't respond after, say, 4 business hours of a customer replying, we want to use an automation.
Set up your Zendesk Automation to look for all conditions:
- Ticket Status is not New
- Ticket Status is not Pending
- Hours since Requester Update is (Business) greater than 4
- Ticket tags do not include no_ticket_update_notify
Perform these actions:
- Add Tags: no_ticket_update_notify
- Notifications: Email User (select Manager from dropdown)
Other placeholder options are listed here.
You may want to add conditions to apply this Automation on tickets in certain Groups and not others, certain Brands and not others, etc.
NOTE: Don't forget to create a trigger that removes the no_ticket_update_notify tag after the Agent does go ahead and reply to the customer!